英 [bgn] 美 [bɡn]
1. He disliked school in the beginning.
2. He has made a good beginning.
3. She knows physiology from beginning to end.
4. The general rose from humble beginnings.
1. In the beginning he used the money to buy several Nang, a kind of Xinjiang pan cake for meals.
2. The Syrian government has from the beginning blamed the unrest on armed extremists acting out a foreign plot but not true reform seekers.
3. A ruling last month by the Connecticut Supreme Court will make gay marriage legal there beginning next week.
4. People saw Cage's friend David Tudor sit at the piano and mark the beginning of the piece by closing the keyboard lid.
5. As at the beginning of creating wealth, you tend to do everything by yourself.
6. FAW VW will make the Caddy wagon at the beginning of next year.
7. Cadillac will export its XLR convertible to China at the beginning of next year.
8. The recent agreement in Cairo also calls for starting the discussions to form the government together with the beginning of the CEC activities in Gaza.
9. People in China responded to the WRC call at the beginning of this decade.
10. He believed their unusual appearance and their age marked the beginning of the Cambrian, and made them the oldest animal forms yet seen.
The beginning of an event or process is the first part of it.
e.g. This was also the beginning of her recording career...
e.g. Think of this as a new beginning.
The beginnings of something are the signs or events which form the first part of it.
e.g. I had the beginnings of a headache...
e.g. The discussions were the beginnings of a dialogue with Moscow.
The beginning of a period of time is the time at which it starts.
e.g. The wedding will be at the beginning of March.
The beginning of a piece of written material is the first words or sentences of it.
e.g. ...the question which was raised at the beginning of this chapter.
If you talk about the beginnings of a person, company, or group, you are referring to their backgrounds or origins.
e.g. His views come from his own humble beginnings.